You are here
Financial Stability - Austin Office
Catholic Charities Financial Stability Program helps families avoid homelessness and achieve financial security through case management, education and emergency financial assistance. The program has provided case management and financial assistance to thousands of families in Central Texas in several areas of need, including utilities, rental expense and mortgage payments.
- Must be a resident of Austin/Travis County.
- Must be experiencing a financial crisis that puts housing at risk.
- Qualifying financial hardship must be recent (within the last 45 days of requesting assistance).
- Client must be at a point where up to 12 months of case management and limited financial assistance will suffice to stabilize housing and build self-sufficiency skills.
- Must gather all documentation required to determine eligibility before enrolling as an applicant in the program.
- Financial assistance is dependent on the creation of and adherence to a collaborative plan for obtaining financial stability.
- Financial assistance will vary from one individual/household to another and is not guaranteed.
How to Apply
- Complete Catholic Charities application. The application is available at our office or can be downloaded here. Please call Catholic Charities to schedule an appointment. You will be prompted to leave a message and a case manager will return your call within 5 business days.
- Required documentation:
- Last 30 days proof of gross income for ALL adult household members (check stubs, Social Security award letter for current year, unemployment, workers comp, etc.).
- Proof of child support payments, if applicable.
- At least one government issued identification for ALL adult household members (driver’s license, military ID, State ID, passport, etc.)
- Proof of Austin/Travis County residency.
- Proof of qualifying financial hardship.
What to Expect from Your Visit
- You will submit completed application and all required documentation.
- Our intake specialist will review your application and provide information about your eligibility to the program.
- If documentation is missing or additional information is needed, you will be asked to bring additional documentation to our offices.
Please contact Catholic Charities Financial Stability Program at 512.651.6100.
Hours and Location
|Austin Office - 1625 Rutherford Lane | Austin TX|
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For additional bus information visit Capital Metro website at www.capmetro.org or call 512.474.1200.