You are here
Immigration Legal Services
Catholic Charities of Central Texas provides low cost, high quality legal representation in immigration matters for our clients. Our Immigration Legal Services program has experienced attorneys and legal support staff to help with most immigration based needs.
Representation includes, but is not limited to:
- Family Based Immigration
- Permanent Resident Card Replacement or Renewal
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- Visas for victims of crime and human trafficking
To access our services clients must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. Certain exceptions are made based on the presence of a disability or other extenuating circumstance.
What to Expect
- During the initial consultation, an attorney or BIA accredited representative* will assess an individual’s situation and discuss potential remedies.
- ILS fees are varied and are based on the potential immigration benefits sought for each client.
- Legal fees paid to Catholic Charities of Central Texas are separate from fees established by the U.S. governmental agency to which the application is sent.
- The cost for our services is typically discounted 60-80% relative to the rate charged by an average private immigration attorney in Austin, and is available to a majority of low-income households.
*The Board of Immigration Appeals authorizes qualified individuals to provide legal advice and services regarding immigration. Only attorneys and BIA accredited representatives are qualified to give you immigration advice. Please only seek assistance from an attorney or a BIA accredited representative. Do not accept help from “notarios” or other unqualified individuals.
How to Apply
|Austin Office - 1625 Rutherford Lane | Austin, TX||Brazos Valley Office - 1410 Cavitt Ave | Bryan, TX|
We accept new clients through consultations Monday - Friday beginning at 8:30 a.m., but we recommend calling 512.651.6125 to confirm days and times due to holiday and training schedules.
Consultations are made Monday - Friday by appointment only by calling 979.822.9340.